Friday, June 05, 2009

Love straight through

Saturday, June 6, 2009
    Commemoration of Ini Kopuria, Founder of the Melanesian Brotherhood, 1945

Meditation:
    And Jesus said unto him, Friend, wherefore art thou come? Then came they, and laid hands on Jesus, and took him.
    —Matthew 26:50 (KJV)

Quotation:
    He said to Judas, when he betrayed Him: “Friend, wherefore art thou come?” Just as if He had said: “Thou hatest me, and art mine enemy, yet I love thee, and am thy friend.” ... As though God in human nature were saying: “I am pure, simple Goodness, and therefore I cannot will or desire or rejoice in, or do or give anything but goodness. If I am to reward thee for thy evil and wickedness, I must do it with goodness, for I am and have nothing else.”
    ... Theologia Germanica [1518], Anonymous, ascribed to Johannes de Francfordia, (1380?-1440) & tr. Susanna Winkworth (1820-1884), published anonymously by Martin Luther, ch. XXXIII (see the book)

Quiet time reflection:
    Lord, You have embraced me when I have betrayed You.

CQOD    Blog    email    RSS
BDTC    search    script

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home