Saturday, May 30, 2009

Simeon: thy increase, my decrease

May 30, 2009
    Feast of Josephine Butler, Social Reformer, 1906
    Commemoration of Apolo Kivebulaya, Priest, Evangelist, 1933

Meditation:
    For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again.
    -- 2 Corinthians 5:14,15 (NIV)

Quotation:
    I would have the whole of my experience one continued sense—first, of my nothingness, and dependence on God; second, of my guiltiness and desert before Him; third, of my obligations to redeeming love, as utterly overwhelming me with its incomprehensible extent and grandeur.
    ... Charles Simeon (1759-1836), letter to Miss Mary Elliott, Nov. 21, 1834, Memoirs of the Life of the Rev. Charles Simeon, Pittsburgh: R. Carter, 1847, p. 430 (see the book)

Quiet time reflection:
    Lord, You alone give value to anything of mine.

CQOD    Blog    email    RSS
BDTC    search    script

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home