Sunday, April 26, 2009

Studdert Kennedy: the only satisfaction

April 26, 2009

Meditation:
    As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God.
    My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?
    -- Psalm 42:1-2 (KJV)

Quotation:
    If I am a son of God, nothing but God will satisfy my soul; no amount of comfort, no amount of ease, no amount of pleasure, will give me peace or rest. If I had the full cup of all the world’s joys held up to me, and could drain it to the dregs, I should still remain thirsty if I had not God.
    ... G. A. Studdert Kennedy (1883-1929), The Wicket Gate, pp. 38-39 [1923] (see the book)

Quiet time reflection:
    Lord, I thirst for You.

CQOD    Blog    email    RSS
BDTC    search    script

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home