Monday, March 30, 2009

Carmichael: trials

March 30, 2009

Meditation:
    My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.
    -- James 1:2,3 (KJV)

Quotation:
    If I ask to be delivered from trial rather than for deliverance out of it, to the praise of His glory; if I forget that the way of the Cross leads to the Cross and not to a bank of flowers; if I regulate my life on these lines, or even unconsciously my thinking, so that I am surprised when the way is rough and think it strange, "Think it not strange, Count it all joy," then I know nothing of Calvary love.
    ... Amy Carmichael (1867-1951), If [1938]

Quiet time reflection:
    Lord, implant Your love in my heart.

CQOD    Blog    email    RSS
QBS    BDTC    search    script

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home