Friday, March 27, 2009

M'Cheyne: praying at a distance

Meditation:
    Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you.
    -- John 14:19,20 (NIV)

Quotation:
    If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me.
    ... Robert Murray M’Cheyne (1813-1843), The Life and Remains, Letters, Lectures, and Poems of the Rev. Robert Murray McCheyne, Andrew Alexander Bonar, New York, R. Carter, 1866, p.138 (see the book)

Quiet time reflection:
    Lord, Your presence drives out all fear.

CQOD    Blog    email    RSS
QBS    BDTC    search    script

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home