Monday, March 23, 2009

Thomas à Kempis: safety in the opposite

March 23, 2009

Meditation:
    I remember the days of long ago; I meditate on all your works and consider what your hands have done. I spread out my hands to you; my soul thirsts for you like a parched land.
    -- Psalm 143:5,6 (NIV)

Quotation:
    No man safely goeth abroad who loveth not to rest at home. No man safely talketh but he who loveth to hold his peace. No man safely ruleth but he who loveth to be subject. No man safely commandeth but he who loveth to obey.
    ... Thomas à Kempis (1380-1471), Of the Imitation of Christ [1418], cap. XX. (see the book)

Quiet time reflection:
    Lord, grant me contentment in the task You have set before me.

CQOD    Blog    email    RSS    QBS    search    script

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home