Thursday, September 20, 2018

Packer: two ends of knowledge

Thursday, September 20, 2018
    Feast of John Coleridge Patteson, First Bishop of Melanesia, & his Companions, Martyrs, 1871
Meditation:
    ... I am not ashamed, because I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him for that day.
    —2 Timothy 1:12 (NIV)
Quotation:
    Knowing God is more than knowing about Him; it is a matter of dealing with Him as He opens up to you, and being dealt with by Him as He takes knowledge of you. Knowing about Him is a necessary precondition of trusting in Him, but the width of our knowledge about Him is no gauge of the depth of our knowledge of Him.
    ... James I. Packer (b. 1926), Knowing God, London: Hodder and Stoughton, 1973, p. 39 (see the book)
    See also 2 Tim. 1:12; Ps. 9:10; 46:10; 56:9; Phil. 3:8-11; Tit. 1:16; 1 Pet. 4:19; 1 John 4:6-7
Quiet time reflection:
    Lord, reveal Yourself to my heart.
CQOD    Blog    email    RSS
    search    script    mobile
sub    fb    twt    Jonah    Ruth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home