Sunday, September 16, 2018

Cyprian: safety

Sunday, September 16, 2018
    Feast of Cyprian, Bishop of Carthage, Martyr, 258
    Commemoration of Ninian, Bishop of Galloway, Apostle to the Picts, c. 430
    Commemoration of Edward Bouverie Pusey, Priest, tractarian, 1882
Meditation:
The LORD is my light and my salvation;
    whom shall I fear?
The LORD is the strength of my life;
    of whom shall I be afraid?
    —Psalm 27:1 (KJV)
Quotation:
    No one is strong in his own strength, but he is safe by the grace and mercy of God.
    ... St. Cyprian (Thascius Caecilius Cyprianus) (?-258), Treatise IV. On the Lord’s Prayer [252], in The Ante-Nicene Fathers, v. V, Alexander Roberts, James Donaldson, trs., Buffalo: Christian Literature Company, 1886, par. 14, p. 451 (see the book)
    See also Ps. 27:1; 46:1-2; Isa. 40:31; Matt. 6:9-13; Gal. 6:16
Quiet time reflection:
    Lord, You have me in the hollow of Your hand.
CQOD    Blog    email    RSS
    search    script    mobile
sub    fb    twt    Jonah    Ruth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home