Friday, December 29, 2017

Brainerd: how precious is time!

Friday, December 29, 2017
    Feast of Thomas Becket, Archbishop of Canterbury, Martyr, 1170
Meditation:
    [Jesus:] “I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you.”
    —John 15:1-3 (NIV)
Quotation:
    O how precious is time, and how it pains me to see it slide away, while I do so little to any good purpose. O that God would make me more fruitful and spiritual.
    ... David Brainerd (1718-1747), Memoirs of the Rev. David Brainerd, New Haven: S. Converse, 1822, p. 295 (see the book)
    See also John 15:1-3; Matt. 9:37-38; John 9:4; Gal. 5:22-23; Eph. 5:15-16
Quiet time reflection:
    Fill Your people, Lord, that we may display the fruits of Your Spirit.
CQOD    Blog    email    RSS
    search    script    mobile
sub    fb    twt    Jonah    Ruth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home