Thursday, December 28, 2017

Quarles: He is my Altar

Thursday, December 28, 2017
    Feast of the Holy Innocents
Meditation:
    What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said: “I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people.”
    —2 Corinthians 6:16 (NIV)
Quotation:
He is my Altar, I His holy place;
    I am His guest, and He my living food;
I’m His by penitence, He is mine by grace;
    I’m His by purchase, He is mine by blood;
        He’s my supporting elm, and I His vine:
Thus I my best beloved’s am; that He is mine.
    ... Francis Quarles (1592-1644), Quarles’ Emblems, London: James Nisbet and Co., 1861, p. 268 (see the book)
    See also 2 Cor. 6:16; Ps. 32:6; Acts 20:28; 1 Cor. 3:16,17
Quiet time reflection:
    Lord, may I never forget that I am part of Your Temple.
CQOD    Blog    email    RSS
    search    script    mobile
sub    fb    twt    Jonah    Ruth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home