Sunday, November 01, 2015

Chadwick: the essence

Sunday, November 1, 2015
    Feast of All Saints
Meditation:
    I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
    —Galatians 2:20 (NIV)
Quotation:
    The true Christian religion is not a set of doctrines about Christ, neither is it a rule of life based upon the teaching and example of Christ. It is not even an earnest and sincere endeavor to live according to the mind and spirit of Christ. It is life, and that life is the life of Christ. It is a continuation of the life of the risen Lord in His Body which is the Church, and in the sanctified believer. “Christ liveth in me” is the essence of the Christian religion as set forth in the New Testament. It is not a system but a Presence: the Spirit of Christ indwelling the spirit of man.
    ... Samuel Chadwick (1860-1932), The Way to Pentecost, Hodder and Stoughton, 1932, p. 54 (see the book)
    See also Gal. 2:20; John 14:19-20; 17:20-21; 2 Cor. 4:10-11; 13:5; Eph. 3:16-17; Col. 1:27; 1 Thess. 5:10; Rev. 3:20
Quiet time reflection:
    Lord, Your presence is blessing.
CQOD    Blog    email    RSS
    search    script    mobile
sub    fb    twt    Jonah

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home