Thursday, October 22, 2015

Willard: the use for God

Thursday, October 22, 2015
Meditation:
    [Jesus:] “For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will find it.”
    —Matthew 16:25 (NIV)
Quotation:
    I fear that many people seek to hear God solely as a device for securing their own safety, comfort and righteousness. For those who busy themselves to know the will of God, however, it is still true that “those who want to save their life will lose it” (Matt. 16:25). My extreme preoccupation with knowing God’s will for me may only indicate, contrary to what is often thought, that I am over concerned with myself, not a Christlike interest in the well-being of others or in the glory of God.
    ... Dallas Willard (1935-2013), Hearing God, Downers Grove, Ill.: InterVarsity Press, 1999, p. 33 (see the book)
    See also Matt. 16:25; Est. 4:16; Matt. 10:39; Mark 8:35; Luke 17:33; John 12:25; Acts 20:24; Rev. 12:11
Quiet time reflection:
    Lord, my life is wasted if not spent for You.
CQOD    Blog    email    RSS
    search    script    mobile
sub    fb    twt    Jonah

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home