Saturday, October 08, 2011

Schaeffer: washing feet

Saturday, October 8, 2011
Meditation:
    When [Jesus] had finished washing their feet, he put on his clothes and returned to his place. “Do you understand what I have done for you?" he asked them. “You call me ‘Teacher’ and ‘Lord,’ and rightly so, for that is what I am. Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another's feet.”
    —John 13:12-14 (NIV)
Quotation:
    To the extent that we want power we are in the flesh, and the Holy Spirit has no part in us. Christ put a towel around himself and washed his disciple’s feet. We should ask ourselves from time to time, “Whose feet am I washing?”
    ... Francis A. Schaeffer (1912-1984), No Little People, Downer Grove, IL: InterVarsity Press, 1974, p. 68 (see the book)
Quiet time reflection:
    Lord, renew my mind, and so keep the needs of the saints in front of my own.
CQOD    Blog    email    RSS
BDTC    search    script    mobile
sub    fb    twt

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home