Saturday, October 01, 2011

Therese of Lisieux: heaven

Saturday, October 1, 2011
    Commemoration of Remigius, Bishop of Rheims, Apostle of the Franks, 533
    Commemoration of Thérèse of Lisieux, Carmelite Nun, Spiritual Writer, 1897
Meditation:
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
    —1 Corinthians 13:4 (NIV)
Quotation:
To live of love, ’tis without stint to give,
    And never count the cost, nor ask reward;
So, counting not the cost, I long to live
    And show my dauntless love for Thee, dear Lord!
O Heart Divine, o’erflowing with tenderness,
    How swift I run, who all to Thee has given!
Naught but Thy love I need, my life to bless.
        That love is heaven!
    ... Thérèse of Lisieux (1873-1897), Poems of St. Teresa, Carmelite of Lisieux, Boston, Angel Guardian Press, 1907, “To Live of Love”, n. 5 (see the book)
Quiet time reflection:
    Grant, Lord, that I should learn to love You more.
CQOD    Blog    email    RSS
BDTC    search    script    mobile
sub    fb    twt

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home