Saturday, May 23, 2009

Law: the indwelling of Christ

May 23, 2009
    Commemoration of Petroc, Abbot of Padstow, 6th century

Meditation:
    Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
    -- Revelation 3:20 (KJV)

Quotation:
    You have no questions to ask of any body, no new way that you need inquire after; no oracle that you need to consult; for whilst you shut yourself up in patience, meekness, humility, and resignation to God, you are in the very arms of Christ, your heart is His dwelling-place, and He lives and works in you as certainly as He lived in and governed that body and soul which He took from the Virgin Mary.
    ... William Law (1686-1761), The Spirit of Love [1752-4] (see the book)

Quiet time reflection:
    Lord, own my life.

CQOD    Blog    email    RSS
BDTC    search    script

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home