Tuesday, June 25, 2024

Baillie: giving thanks to God

Wednesday, June 26, 2024
Meditation:
    And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
    —Colossians 3:17 (NIV)
Quotation:
For the power Thou hast given me to lay hold of things unseen:
For the strong sense I have that this is not my home:
For my restless heart which nothing finite can satisfy:
    I give Thee thanks, O God.
For the invasion of my soul by Thy Holy Spirit:
For all human love and goodness that speak to me of Thee:
For the fullness of Thy glory outpoured in Jesus Christ
    I give Thee thanks, O God.
    ... John Baillie (1886-1960) & Donald M. Baillie (1887-1954), A Diary of Private Prayer, New York: Charles Scribner’s Sons, 1939, p. 53 (see the book)
    See also Col. 3:17,23-24; 2 Chr. 31:20-21; Ps. 42:1-2; Phil. 4:8; Pr. 3:6; 1 Cor. 10:31
Quiet time reflection:
    Am I truly thankful for the many blessings I receive?
CQOD    Blog    email    RSS
    search    script    mobile
sub    fb    twt    inst    Jonah    ; Ruth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home