Tuesday, December 05, 2023

Murray: helplessness

Tuesday, December 5, 2023
Meditation:
    But [the Lord] said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.
    —2 Corinthians 12:9 (NIV)
Quotation:
    Faith always means helplessness. In many cases it means: I can do it with a great deal of trouble, but another can do it better. But in most cases it is utter helplessness; another must do it for me. And that is the secret of the spiritual life.
    ... Andrew Murray (1828-1917), Absolute Surrender, Bible Institute Colportage Association, 1897, p. 103 (see the book)
    See also 2 Cor. 12:7-9; John 5:19; 15:5; Rom. 11:17-21; Eph. 2:8-9; Heb. 6:12; 1 Pet. 1:3-5
Quiet time reflection:
    Lord, I must place my life completely in Your hands.
CQOD    Blog    email    RSS
    search    script    mobile
sub    fb    twt    inst    Jonah &nb sp;  Ruth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home