Thursday, July 15, 2021

Law: living unto God

Thursday, July 15, 2021
    Commemoration of Swithun, Bishop of Winchester, c.862
    Commemoration of Bonaventure, Franciscan Friar, Bishop, Peacemaker, 1274
Meditation:
    For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God. I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
    —Galatians 2:19-20 (KJV)
Quotation:
    If we are to live unto God at any time, or in any place, we are to live unto Him at all times and in all places. If we are to use any thing as the gift of God, we are to use every thing as His gift.
    ... William Law (1686-1761), A Serious Call to a Devout and Holy Life [1728], London: Methuen, 1899, p. 74 (see the book)
    See also Gal. 2:19-20; Rom. 6:4-7; Gal. 5:24; 6:14; Col. 2:11-14
Quiet time reflection:
    Lord, may I live for You.
CQOD    Blog    email    RSS
    search    script    mobile
sub    fb    twt    Jonah    Ruth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home