Thursday, May 20, 2021

Pascal: Why do the nations rage?

Thursday, May 20, 2021
Meditation:
    [The LORD to Abram:] “I will make you into a great nation and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you.”
    —Genesis 12:2-3 (NIV)
Quotation:
    All that is great on earth is united together; the learned, the wise, the kings. The first write; the second condemn; the last kill. And notwithstanding all these oppositions, these [disciples], simple and weak, resist all these powers, subdue even these kings, these learned men and these sages, and remove idolatry from all the earth. And all this is done by the power which had foretold it.
    ... Blaise Pascal (1623-1662), Pensées (Thoughts) [1660], P.F. Collier & Son, 1910, #783, p. 277 (see the book)
    See also Gen. 12:2-3; Ps. 2:1-3; 146:3; John 16:33; Acts 4:24-30
Quiet time reflection:
    Lord, You have fulfilled Your promises.
CQOD    Blog    email    RSS
    search    script    mobile
sub    fb    twt    Jonah    Ruth

1 Comments:

Anonymous Tim Warlick said...

Lord Jesus has certainly fulfilled His part in both His two most important commands that fulfill the two most important commands of the old Law, and also in enabling us with the glory He already gave us to make us one in the Spirit of the One, Good Shepherd, as He and the Father are one.

“27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. 30 I and the Father are one."” (Joh 10:27-30 NivUS)

So for us repentant, mutually loving disciples, who forgive all in the world who sin against us so we are forgiven in Christ, the question now is, when will the body of Christ now on Earth fulfill our part to fully obey even the two most important commands of God, in that same, fulfilled, fuller unity that Jesus promised all in the world will yet come to know, for a fact: that the one, true God sent Jesus to speak to us both those two most important commands, as well as everything Jesus commanded, so we can fulfill the great commission?

“18 Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."” (Mt 28:18-20 NivUS)

May 20, 2021 at 10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home