Friday, January 08, 2021

Elliot: aflame

Friday, January 8, 2021
    25th anniversary of CQOD
    Commemoration of Jim Elliot, Nate Saint, Roger Youderian, Ed McCully, and Pete Fleming, martyrs, Ecuador, 1956
Meditation:
    [John the baptist:] “I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me will come one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not fit to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire.”
    —Matthew 3:11 (NIV)
Quotation:
    God deliver me from the dread asbestos of “other things.” Saturate me with the oil of the Spirit that I may be aflame.
    ... Jim Elliot (1927-1956), The Journals of Jim Elliot, ed. Elisabeth Elliot, Revell, 1990, p. 72 (see the book)
    See also Matt. 3:11; Isa. 6:6-7; Rom. 1:16-17; Acts 2:1-4; 1 Thess. 5:19
Quiet time reflection:
    Lord, send my diversions away, that I may follow only You.
CQOD    Blog    email    RSS
    search    script    mobile
sub    fb    twt    Jonah    Ruth

1 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

Congratulations on 25 years!! I've followed for many of those and hope there will be many more to come!

January 8, 2021 at 10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home