Thursday, April 09, 2020

Therese of Lisieux: the life of love

Thursday, April 9, 2020
    Maundy Thursday
    Feast of Dietrich Bonhoeffer, Teacher, Martyr, 1945
Meditation:
    Jesus replied, “If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.”
    —John 14:23 (NIV)
Quotation:
The eve His life of love drew near its end,
    Thus Jesus spoke: “Whoever loveth Me,
And keeps My word as Mine own faithful friend,
    My Father, then, and I his guests will be;
Within his heart will make Our dwelling above.
    Our palace home, true type of heaven above.
There, filled with peace, We will that he shall rest,
        With us, in love.”
    ... Thérèse of Lisieux (1873-1897), Poems of St. Teresa, Carmelite of Lisieux, Boston, Angel Guardian Press, 1907, “To Live of Love”, n. 1 (see the book)
    See also John 14:23-27; Ps. 90:1; 91:1; John 14:2-3; 1 John 4:15-16; Rev. 3:20; 19:9
Quiet time reflection:
    Lord, I receive You in my heart.
CQOD    Blog    email    RSS
    search    script    mobile
sub    fb    twt    Jonah    Ruth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home