Saturday, December 28, 2019

Though Christ a thousand times

Saturday, December 28, 2019
    Feast of the Holy Innocents
Meditation:
    I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
    —Galatians 2:20 (NIV)
Quotation:
Though Christ a thousand times
In Bethlehem be born,
If he’s not born in thee
Thy soul is still forlorn.

The cross on Golgotha
Will never save thy soul;
The cross in thine own heart
Alone can make thee whole.
    ... Anonymous, 3rd century, from the German of Angelus Silesius, included in Masterpieces of Religious Verse, James Dalton Morrison, ed., New York: Harper & Bros., 1948, p. 148 (see the book)
    See also Gal. 2:20; Matt. 2:4-6; Mark 8:34; Rom. 6:4-6; Gal. 5:24; 6:14; Col. 2:11-14
Quiet time reflection:
    Lord, help me, so that I may nail my sinful self to the Cross.

CQOD    Blog    email    RSS
    search    script    mobile
sub    fb    twt    Jonah    Ruth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home