Sunday, July 07, 2019

Book of Common Prayer: nothing good without Thee

Sunday, July 7, 2019
Meditation:
Surely God is my salvation;
    I will trust and not be afraid.
    The LORD, the LORD, is my strength and my song;
    he has become my salvation.
    —Isaiah 12:2 (NIV)
Quotation:
    O God, the strength of all those who put their trust in thee; mercifully accept our prayers; and because, through the weakness of our mortal nature, we can do no good thing without thee, grant us the help of thy grace, that in keeping thy commandments we may please thee, both in will and deed, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
    ... Collect for the first Sunday after Trinity, in The Book of Common Prayer [1790, U.S.], New York: Protestant Episcopal Press, 1835, p. 100-101 (see the book)
    See also Isa. 12:2; Gen. 6:5; Ps. 51:5; Isa. 64:6; Matt. 15:17-20; Mark 7:18-23; Rom. 7:18-21; Eph. 2:1-5; 1 Pet. 4:1-2
Quiet time reflection:
    Lord, Your grace has conquered my stubborn heart.
CQOD    Blog    email    RSS
    search    script    mobile
sub    fb    twt    Jonah    Ruth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home