Sunday, May 05, 2019

Studdert Kennedy: the only satisfaction

Sunday, May 5, 2019
Meditation:
As the hart panteth after the water brooks,
    so panteth my soul after thee, O God.
My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God:
    when shall I come and appear before God?
    —Psalm 42:1-2 (KJV)
Quotation:
    If I am a son of God, nothing but God will satisfy my soul; no amount of comfort, no amount of ease, no amount of pleasure, will give me peace or rest. If I had the full cup of all the world’s joys held up to me, and could drain it to the dregs, I should still remain thirsty if I had not God.
    ... G. A. Studdert Kennedy (1883-1929), The Wicket Gate, London: Hodder and Stoughton, 1923, p. 38-39 (see the book)
    See also Ps. 42:1-2; 63:1-2; 84:2; Isa. 26:8-9; Hag. 2:6-7; Matt. 5:6; Eph. 2:19; 1 John 3:1-2
Quiet time reflection:
    Lord, I thirst for You.
CQOD    Blog    email    RSS
    search    script    mobile
sub    fb    twt    Jonah    Ruth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home