Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Therese of Lisieux: Dear Jesus! 'tis Thy Holy Face

Tuesday, April 23, 2019
    Feast of George, Martyr, Patron of England, c.304
    Commemoration of Michael Ramsey, Archbishop of Canterbury, Teacher, 1988
Meditation:
    As [Jesus] was praying, the appearance of his face changed, and his clothes became as bright as a flash of lightning.
    —Luke 9:29 (NIV)
Quotation:
Dear Jesus! ’tis Thy Holy Face
    Is here the star that guides my way;
Thy countenance, so full of grace,
    Is heaven on earth, for me, to-day.
And love finds holy charms for me
    In Thy sweet eyes with tear-drops wet;
Through mine own tears I smile at Thee,
    And in Thy griefs my pains forget.
    ... Thérèse of Lisieux (1873-1897), Poems of St. Teresa, Carmelite of Lisieux, Boston, Angel Guardian Press, 1907, “Canticle to the Holy Face” (see the book)
    See also Luke 9:29; Isa. 42:3; Matt. 17:2; Luke 19:41-42; John 1:14; 11:35; 1 Cor. 13:12
Quiet time reflection:
    Lord, let me gaze on Your face.
CQOD    Blog    email    RSS
    search    script    mobile
sub    fb    twt    Jonah    Ruth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home