Monday, October 01, 2018

Therese of Lisieux: To die of love

Monday, October 1, 2018
    Commemoration of Remigius, Bishop of Rheims, Apostle of the Franks, 533
    Commemoration of Thérèse of Lisieux, Carmelite Nun, Spiritual Writer, 1897
Meditation:
    [Jesus:] “Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.”
    —John 15:13 (NIV)
Quotation:
To die of love, O martyrdom most blest!
    For this I long, this is my heart’s desire;
My exile ends; I soon will be at rest.
    Ye Cherubim, lend, lend to me your lyre!
O dart of Seraphim, O flame of love,
    Consume me wholly; hear my ardent cry!
Jesu, make real my dream! Come Holy Dove!
        Of love I die!
    ... Thérèse of Lisieux (1873-1897), Poems of St. Teresa, Carmelite of Lisieux, Boston, Angel Guardian Press, 1907, “To Live of Love”, n. 14 (see the book)
    See also John 15:13; Matt. 22:37-40; John 15:12,17; Rom. 5:8; Eph. 5:1-2; 1 John 4:7-12
Quiet time reflection:
    Lord, You have demonstrated Your love.
CQOD    Blog    email    RSS
    search    script    mobile
sub    fb    twt    Jonah    Ruth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home