Monday, February 05, 2018

Therese of Lisieux: Incarnate Word!

Monday, February 5, 2018
    Commemoration of Martyrs of Japan, 1597
Meditation:
    The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
    —John 1:14 (NIV)
Quotation:
Incarnate Word! Thou Word of God alone!
    To live of love, ’tis to abide with Thee.
Thou knowest I love Thee, Jesus Christ, my Own!
    Thy Spirit’s fire of love enkindleth me.
By loving Thee, I draw the Father here
    Down to my heart, to stay with me always.
Blest Trinity! Thou art my prisoner dear,
        Of love, to-day.
    ... Thérèse of Lisieux (1873-1897), Poems of St. Teresa, Carmelite of Lisieux, Boston, Angel Guardian Press, 1907, “To Live of Love”, n. 2 (see the book)
    See also John 1:14; 3:16; Rom. 5:8; Tit. 3:4-7; 1 John 3:16,24; 4:9-10,19
Quiet time reflection:
    Lord, You are present!
CQOD    Blog    email    RSS
    search    script    mobile
sub    fb    twt    Jonah    Ruth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home