Sunday, October 01, 2017

Newman: prayer of dedication

Sunday, October 1, 2017
    Commemoration of Remigius, Bishop of Rheims, Apostle of the Franks, 533
    Commemoration of Thérèse of Lisieux, Carmelite Nun, Spiritual Writer, 1897
Meditation:
    Then Jesus told them, “This very night you will all fall away on account of me, for it is written: “‘I will strike the shepherd, and the sheep of the flock will be scattered.’ But after I have risen, I will go ahead of you into Galilee.”
    —Matthew 26:31-32 (NIV)
Quotation:
    Make me what Thou wouldst have me. I bargain for nothing. I make no terms. I seek for no previous information whither Thou art taking me. I will be what Thou wilt make me, and all that Thou wilt make me. I say not, I will follow Thee whithersoever Thou goest, for I am weak, but I give myself to Thee, to lead me anywhither.
    ... John Henry Cardinal Newman (1801-1890), Parochial Sermons, v. V, London: Francis & John Rivington, 1842, p. 283 (see the book)
    See also Matt. 26:31-32; Ps. 23; 51:10; John 10:27
Quiet time reflection:
    Lord, I hear Your call.
CQOD    Blog    email    RSS
    search    script    mobile
sub    fb    twt    Jonah    Ruth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home