Sunday, September 03, 2017

Wetzel: Be ready for suffering

Sunday, September 3, 2017
    Feast of Gregory the Great, Bishop of Rome, Teacher, 604
Meditation:
    [Jesus:] “If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not be guilty of sin. Now, however, they have no excuse for their sin. He who hates me hates my Father as well. If I had not done among them what no one else did, they would not be guilty of sin. But now they have seen these miracles, and yet they have hated both me and my Father. But this is to fulfill what is written in their Law: ‘They hated me without reason.’”
    —John 15:22-25 (NIV)
Quotation:
    Like many of the leaders and teachers [in the church], perhaps I failed to prepare people for the way of suffering. I had not suffered much myself and did not help people to be ready for it.
    But the fact is: when you follow Jesus, what happened to Him happens to you.
    ... Todd H. Wetzel (b. 1946), Steadfast Faith, Dallas, Texas: Latimer Press, 1997, p. 76 (see the book)
    See also John 15:22-25; Ps. 35:19; 69:4; 109:3; Acts 5:41; Rom. 5:3-5; 1 Pet. 4:12-14,16; 2 Tim. 1:11-12
Quiet time reflection:
    Lord, You never abandon one who follows You.
CQOD    Blog    email    RSS
    search    script    mobile
sub    fb    twt    Jonah    Ruth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home