Thursday, September 14, 2017

Knight: the struggle within

Thursday, September 14, 2017
    Feast of the Holy Cross
Meditation:
    So I strive always to keep my conscience clear before God and man.
    —Acts 24:16 (NIV)
Quotation:
    Before I can have any joy in being alone with God I must have learned not to fear being alone with myself...
    Shrinking from any deep self-scrutiny is by no means an uncommon thing, and often goes far to explain the feverish restlessness with which a world-loving heart plunges into perpetual rounds of gaieties and dissipations. They serve as an escape from troublesome questions about the soul, and help to get rid of the clamours of conscience.
    ... G. H. Knight (1835-1917), In the Secret of His Presence, Rock Island, Ill.: Augustana Book Concern, 1934, p. 59 (see the book)
    See also Acts 24:16; 1 Cor. 4:4; 2 Cor. 4:2; 1 Tim. 1:5; 3:9; Tit. 1:15; Heb. 9:14; 10:22; 1 Pet. 3:21
Quiet time reflection:
    Lord, set my conscience burning about my offenses towards You.
CQOD    Blog    email    RSS
    search    script    mobile
sub    fb    twt    Jonah    Ruth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home