Tuesday, April 04, 2017

Barry: In pastures green?

Tuesday, April 4, 2017
Meditation:
    The LORD is my shepherd,
    I shall not be in want.
    —Psalm 23:1 (NIV)
Quotation:
“In pastures green?” Not always; sometimes He,
Who knoweth best, in kindness leadeth me
In weary ways, where heavy shadows be.

And “by still waters?” No, not always so;
Oft times the heavy tempests round me blow,
And o’er my soul the waves and billows go.

But when the storm beats loudest, and I cry
Aloud for help, the Master standeth by,
And whispers to my soul, “Lo, it is I.”

So, where He leads me, I can safely go,
And in the blest hereafter I shall know
Why in His wisdom He hath led me so.
    ... Henry H. Barry, included in Leaves of Healing, compiled by Katharine Paine Sutton, American Unitarian Association, 1892, p. 206-207 (see the book)
    See also Ps. 23; Rom. 8:28
Quiet time reflection:
    Lord, Your people trust their Shepherd.

CQOD    Blog    email    RSS
    search    script    mobile
sub    fb    twt    Jonah    Ruth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home