Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Francois de Sales: the Divine will

Tuesday, January 24, 2017
    Feast of François de Sales, Bishop of Geneva, Teacher, 1622
Meditation:
    And looking about at those who sat around him, [Jesus] said, “Here are my mother and my brothers! Whoever does the will of God, he is my brother and sister and mother.”
    —Mark 3:34-35 (ESV)
Quotation:
    If I want only pure water, what does it matter whether it be brought in a vase of gold or of glass? What is it to me whether the will of God be presented to me in tribulation or consolation, since I desire and seek only the Divine will?
    ... François de Sales (1567-1622), Maxims and Counsels of St. Francis de Sales, New York: Benziger, 1883, p. 168 (see the book)
    See also Mark 3:34-35; Matt. 6:33; 7:21; John 7:17; Jas. 1:25; 1 John 2:17
Quiet time reflection:
    Lord, grant that I may seek Your will in my life.
CQOD    Blog    email    RSS
    search    script    mobile
sub    fb    twt    Jonah    Ruth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home