Wednesday, May 25, 2016

MacDonald: time management

Wednesday, May 25, 2016
    Feast of the Venerable Bede, Priest, Monk of Jarrow, Historian, 735
    Commemoration of Aldhelm, Abbot of Mamsbury, Bishop of Sherborne, 709
Meditation:
    Meanwhile the disciples were urging [Jesus], saying, “Rabbi, eat.”
    But he said to them, “I have food to eat that you do not know about.”
    So the disciples said to one another, “Has anyone brought him something to eat?”
    Jesus said to them, “My food is to do the will of him who sent me and to accomplish his work.”
    —John 4:31-34 (ESV)
Quotation:
    I find the doing of the will of God leaves me with no time for disputing about His plans.
    ... George MacDonald (1824-1905), The Marquis of Lossie, Philadelphia: J. B. Lippincott & Co., 1879, p. 243 (see the book)
    See also John 4:31-34; Ps. 40:8; Luke 19:10; John 5:36; Heb. 12:2; Jas. 1:22
Quiet time reflection:
    Lord, You have shown me more resources than I know how to employ in my life.
CQOD    Blog    email    RSS
    search    script    mobile
sub    fb    twt    Jonah    Ruth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home