Saturday, April 02, 2016

Fenelon: resisting God

Saturday, April 2, 2016
Meditation:
“I have seen his ways, but I will heal him;
    I will lead him and restore comfort to him and his mourners,
    creating the fruit of the lips.
Peace, peace, to the far and to the near,” says the LORD,
    “and I will heal him.
But the wicked are like the tossing sea;
    for it cannot be quiet,
    and its waters toss up mire and dirt.
There is no peace,” says my God, “for the wicked.”
    —Isaiah 57:18-21 (ESV)
Quotation:
    There is never any peace for those who resist God.
    ... François Fénelon (1651-1715), Spiritual Letters of Archbishop Fénelon. Letters to men, London: Rivingtons, 1877, p. 340 (see the book)
    See also Isa. 57:18-21; 48:22; Rom. 3:15-17
Quiet time reflection:
    Break down, O Lord, the last barriers my hard heart and bent will have thrown up in resistance to Your love.
CQOD    Blog    email    RSS
    search    script    mobile
sub    fb    twt    Jonah    Ruth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home