Sunday, December 27, 2015

Law: narrow enough?

Sunday, December 27, 2015
    Feast of John, Apostle & Evangelist
Meditation:
    [Jesus:] “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.”
    —Matthew 7:13-14 (NIV)
Quotation:
    If there is nothing in my life and conversation that shows me to be different from ... Heathens; if I use the world, and worldly enjoyments, as the generality of people now do, and in all ages have done; why should I think that I am amongst those few who are walking in the narrow way to heaven?
    ... William Law (1686-1761), A Serious Call to a Devout and Holy Life [1728], London: Methuen, 1899, p. 32 (see the book)
    See also Matt. 7:13-14; 5:16,46-47; John 12:36; Eph. 2:1-5
Quiet time reflection:
    Lord, keep me to the narrow path.
CQOD    Blog    email    RSS
    search    script    mobile
sub    fb    twt    Jonah

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home