Tuesday, December 08, 2015

Laubach: compassion was born at Christmas

Tuesday, December 8, 2015
Meditation:
My soul faints with longing for your salvation,
    but I have put my hope in your word.
My eyes fail, looking for your promise;
    I say, “When will you comfort me?”
Though I am like a wineskin in the smoke,
    I do not forget your decrees.
    —Psalm 119:81-38 (NIV)
Quotation:
    When compassion for the common man was born on Christmas Day, with it was born new hope among the multitudes. They feel a great, ever-rising determination to lift themselves and their children out of hunger and disease and misery, up to a higher level. Jesus started a fire upon the earth, and it is burning hot today. The fire of a new hope is in the hearts of the hungry multitudes.
    ... Frank C. Laubach (1884-1970), The World is Learning Compassion, NJ: Revell, 1958, p. 30 (see the book)
    See also Ps. 119:81-83; Matt. 25:34-36; Luke 1:46-55; Rom. 15:4
Quiet time reflection:
    Lord, You give purpose to life.
CQOD    Blog    email    RSS
    search    script    mobile
sub    fb    twt    Jonah

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home