Wednesday, October 07, 2015

Foster: dependence upon God

Wednesday, October 7, 2015
Meditation:
For you created my inmost being;
    you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
    —Psalm 139:13-14 (NIV)
Quotation:
    We are dependent upon God for even our sense of worth as individuals. Our uniqueness and dignity are rooted in our creation in the image of God. Our value is not tied to wealth, status, accomplishments, or position. It is a gift. Obviously, this wonderful truth flies in the face of the modern technology to define people by what they produce or what they have.
    The terrible reality of the Fall was... a repudiation of our dependence upon God.
    ... Richard J. Foster, Freedom of Simplicity, HarperCollins, 1989, p. 19 (see the book)
    See also Gen. 1:26-27; 3:6-7; Ps. 139:13-14; Isa. 40:31; John 14:6; 15:5; Eph. 2:8-9
Quiet time reflection:
    Lord, You have searched me and provided everything for me.
CQOD    Blog    email    RSS
    search    script    mobile
sub    fb    twt    Jonah

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home