Friday, July 10, 2015

Babcock: This is my Father's world

Friday, July 10, 2015
Meditation:
Let the sea resound, and everything in it,
    the world, and all who live in it.
Let the rivers clap their hands,
    let the mountains sing together for joy;
let them sing before the LORD,
    for he comes to judge the earth.
He will judge the world in righteousness
    and the peoples with equity.
    —Psalm 98:7-9 (NIV)
Quotation:
This is my Father’s world, and to my listening ears
All nature sings, and round me rings the music of the spheres.
This is my Father’s world: I rest me in the thought
Of rocks and trees, of skies and seas;
His hand the wonders wrought.

This is my Father’s world, the birds their carols raise,
The morning light, the lily white, declare their Maker’s praise.
This is my Father’s world: He shines in all that’s fair;
In the rustling grass I hear Him pass;
He speaks to me everywhere.

This is my Father’s world. O let me ne’er forget
That though the wrong seems oft so strong, God is the ruler yet.
This is my Father’s world: the battle is not done:
Jesus Who died shall be satisfied,
And earth and Heav’n be one.
    ... Maltbie D. Babcock (1858-1901), [1901] (see the book)
    See also Ps. 65:9-13; 96:11-13; 98:7-9; 148:4-13; Isa. 14:7-8; 35:1-2; 42:10-11; 44:23; 55:12; Rev. 21:1
Quiet time reflection:
    Lord, may all things rejoice in You, for Your victory.

CQOD    Blog    email    RSS
    search    script    mobile
sub    fb    twt    Jonah

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home