Friday, June 19, 2015

Singh: rest for my heart

Friday, June 19, 2015
    Commemoration of Sundar Singh of India, Sadhu, Evangelist, Teacher, 1929
Meditation:
As the deer pants for streams of water,
    so my soul pants for you, O God.
My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.
    When can I go and meet with God?
    —Psalm 42:1-2 (NIV)
Quotation:
    The hunger and the thirst of this heart of mine can be satisfied only with Thee who hast given it birth. O Creator mine! Thou hast created my heart for Thyself alone, and not for another, therefore this my heart can find no rest or ease save in Thee, in Thee who hast both created it and set in it this very longing for rest. Take away then from my heart all that is opposed to Thee, and enter and abide and rule for ever. Amen.
    ... Sadhu Sundar Singh (1889-1929), At the Master’s Feet, Fleming H. Revell, 1922, p. 13 (see the book)
    See also Ps. 42:1-2; 63:1; 84:2; 143:6-7; Isa. 26:8-9; John 4:13-14; 7:37
Quiet time reflection:
    Lord, You are the source of true nourishment.
CQOD    Blog    email    RSS
    search    script    mobile
sub    fb    twt    Jonah

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home