Monday, January 20, 2014

Rolle: Come into me, my Beloved!

Monday, January 20, 2014
    Commemoration of Richard Rolle of Hampole, Writer, Hermit, Mystic, 1349
Meditation:
I am my beloved’s and my beloved is mine;
    he browses among the lilies.
    —Song of Solomon 6:3 (NIV)
Quotation:
Come into me, my Beloved!
All that I had I gave for Thee, and that I should have,
    for Thee I have forsaken,
    that Thou in my soul mightest have a mansion for to comfort it.
Never forsake Thou him that Thou feelest so sweetly glow with desire for Thee;
    so that with most burning desire I desire,
    to be ever within Thy embrace.
So grant me grace to love Thee, and in Thee to rest,
    that in Thy kingdom I may be worthy for to see Thee withouten end.
    ... Richard Rolle (1290?-1349), Fire of Love [1343], tr. Richard Misyn, I.ii (see the book)
    See also Song of Solomon 6:3; 2:6,10-13,16; John 14:2; Rev. 3:20
Quiet time reflection:
    Lord, set the fire of love for You within me.
CQOD    Blog    email    RSS
    search    script    mobile
sub    fb    twt

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home