Thursday, August 01, 2013

Neill: out of loneliness

Thursday, August 1, 2013
Meditation:
    At my first defense, no one came to my support, but everyone deserted me. May it not be held against them. But the Lord stood at my side and gave me strength, so that through me the message might be fully proclaimed and all the Gentiles might hear it. And I was delivered from the lion’s mouth.
    —2 Timothy 4:16-17 (NIV)
Quotation:
    The knowledge of the ever-present Christ can reach down into the hidden depths and assure lonely modern man that he is not alone. More than that; it can draw him out of his loneliness to the rediscovery of the human race.
    ... Stephen Neill (1900-1984), The Church and Christian Union, Oxford Univeristy Press, 1968, p. 279 (see the book)
    See also 2 Tim. 4:16-17; Ps. 46:7; Matt. 1:23; 28:20; John 1:14; 2 Cor. 5:18-19
Quiet time reflection:
    Lord, I am never as alone as I was before I knew You.
CQOD    Blog    email    RSS
    search    script    mobile
sub    fb    twt

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home