Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Johnson: for the new year

Tuesday, January 1, 2013
    Feast of the Naming & Circumcision of Jesus
Meditation:
    Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.
    —James 4:10 (NIV)
Quotation:
    Almighty and everlasting God, in whom we live and move, and have our being; glory be to Thee for my recovery from sickness, and the continuance of my life. Grant, O my God, that I may improve the year which I am now beginning, and all the days which Thou shalt add to my life, by serious repentance and diligent obedience; that, by the help of thy Holy Spirit, I may use the means of grace to my own salvation, and at last enjoy thy presence in eternal happiness, for Jesus Christ’s sake. Amen.
    ... Samuel Johnson (1709-1784), Prayers and Meditations, London: Vernor, Hood, and Sharpe, 1806, p. 18-19 (see the book)
Quiet time reflection:
    Grant me true repentance, Lord, for the sake of Your mercy.
CQOD    Blog    email    RSS
BDTC    search    script    mobile
sub    fb    twt

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home