Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Luther: in God's hands

Tuesday, April 19, 2011
    Commemoration of Alphege, Archbishop of Canterbury, Martyr, 1012
Meditation:
    Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.
    —Proverbs 3:5-6 (NIV)
Quotation:
    I have held many things in my hands, and have lost them all; but whatever I have placed in God’s hands, that I still possess.
    ... Martin Luther (1483-1546) (see the book)
Quiet time reflection:
    Lord, all I have I place in Your hands.
CQOD    Blog    email    RSS
BDTC    search    script    mobile
sub    fb    twt

1 Comments:

Blogger D'artagnan said...

The combination of the quotes was rather amusing, as if Luther had indeed "leaned not on his own understanding" (pride)than his (and Christendom's) path would have remained straight . . . sadly, he chose his own path, and rather than placing himself in God's hands, was without doubt another pawn in the hands of the enemy.

April 19, 2011 at 5:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home