Friday, August 21, 2009

Kierkegaard: praying in Jesus' name

Friday, August 21, 2009

Meditation:
    And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
    —Colossians 3:17 (NIV)

Quotation:
    I cannot pray in the name of Jesus to have my own will; the name of Jesus is not a signature of no importance, but the decisive factor. The fact that the name of Jesus comes at the beginning does not make it a prayer in the name of Jesus; but this means to pray in such a manner that I dare name Jesus in it, that is to say, dare to think of Him, think His holy will together with whatever I am praying for.
    ... Søren Kierkegaard (1813-1855), Journals, ed. Alexander Dru, Oxford University Press, 1959, p. 336-337 (see the book)

Quiet time reflection:
    Lord, lead me to know Your mind better.

CQOD    Blog    email    RSS
BDTC    search    script    mobile
sub    fb    twt

1 Comments:

Blogger Latter Days Ministry said...

I really like that quote. Thanks!

August 21, 2009 at 5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home