Thursday, April 05, 2007

CQOD: 04/07/07 -- Trench: God our refuge

Christian Quotation of the Day

April 7, 2007
Holy Saturday
Meditation:
    He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say to the LORD, "My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust."
    -- Psalm 91:1-2 (ESV)

Quotation:
    If there had anywhere appeared in space
        Another place of refuge where to flee,
    Our hearts had taken refuge from that place,
        And not with Thee.

    For we against creation’s bars had beat
        Like prisoned eagles, through great worlds had sought
    Though but a foot of ground to plant our feet,
        Where Thou wert not.

    And only when we found in earth and air,
        In heaven or hell, that such might nowhere be
    That we could not flee from Thee anywhere,
        We fled to Thee.
        ... Richard Chevenix Trench (1807-1886)

Quiet time reflection:
    Lord, I have sought You, and You found me.


See Believer's Desktop Companion 2007
    http://www.cqod.com/cqoddtcb.html

CQOD Compilation Copyright 2007, Robert McAnally Adams, Curator
CQOD Home Page:    http://www.cqod.com/
Subscription info: http://www.cqod.com/cqodlist.htm
Comments and problems: email to curator@cqod.com

1 Comments:

Blogger Eshtemoa said...

I love this one - it reminds me of the poem, "The Hound of Heaven"
There is something about it that also fills me with confidence and hope, about the strong hand of God on my life.

April 8, 2007 at 8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home