Friday, March 09, 2007

CQOD: 03/11/07 -- de Sales: understanding and healing from prayer

Christian Quotation of the Day

March 11, 2007
Meditation:
    For through [Christ] we both have access in one Spirit to the Father.
    -- Ephesians 2:18 (ESV)

Quotation:
    Prayer opens the understanding to the brightness of Divine Light, and the will to the warmth of Heavenly Love—nothing can so effectually purify the mind from its many ignorances, or the will from its perverse affections. It is as a healing water which causes the roots of our good desires to send forth fresh shoots, which washes away the soul’s imperfections, and allays the thirst of passion.
    ... François de Sales (1567-1622)

Quiet time reflection:
    Lord, You are making me whole.


See Believer's Desktop Companion 2007
    http://www.cqod.com/cqoddtcb.html

CQOD Compilation Copyright 2007, Robert McAnally Adams, Curator
CQOD Home Page:    http://www.cqod.com/
Subscription info: http://www.cqod.com/cqodlist.htm
Comments and problems: email to curator@cqod.com

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am still trying to figure out prayer. Prayer is not the attempt to leverage God, as I have tried. It is the being together with Him that really matters. Slowly, I am coming to the realization of a Kingdom reality as God and I speak to each other's hearts. Being with Him means more than my temporal longings even though they persist in their daily dance to distract. He reveals Himself to me as I open my soul to Him. M.Popovici

March 11, 2007 at 2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home