Sunday, October 15, 2006

CQOD: 10/15/06 -- Barclay: Grant that today...

Christian Quotation of the Day

October 15, 2006
Feast of Teresa of Avila, Mystic, Teacher, 1582
Meditation:
    But take care that this right of yours does not somehow become a stumbling block to the weak. For if anyone sees you who have knowledge eating in an idol's temple, will he not be encouraged, if his conscience is weak, to eat food offered to idols? And so by your knowledge this weak person is destroyed, the brother for whom Christ died. Thus, sinning against your brothers and wounding their conscience when it is weak, you sin against Christ. Therefore, if food makes my brother stumble, I will never eat meat, lest I make my brother stumble.
    -- 1 Corinthians 8:9-13 (ESV)

Quotation:
    O God, grant that today I may not disappoint any friend; I may not grieve any loved one; I may not fail anyone to whom I have a duty; I may not shame myself. Grant that today I may do my work with honesty and fidelity; I may take my pleasure in happiness and purity. Grant that today I may lead no one astray; I may not make goodness and faith harder for anyone. Help me today to be a help and example to all; to bring strength and encouragement wherever I am: Through Jesus Christ my Lord, Amen.
    ... William Barclay (1907-1978)


See Believer's Desktop Companion 2004
    http://www.cqod.com/cqoddtcb.html

CQOD Compilation Copyright 2006, Robert McAnally Adams, Curator
CQOD Home Page:    http://www.cqod.com/
Subscription info: http://www.cqod.com/cqodlist.htm
Comments and problems: email to curator@cqod.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home