Saturday, January 07, 2006

Special Tenth Anniversary Page

(If you leave a comment below, please indicate the state or nation you are writing from. Other readers will appreciate knowing that.)

Dear friends of CQOD,
    January 8 was the tenth anniversary of the Christian Quotation of the Day.
    In celebration of this tenth anniversary, I ask that you share the reason for your hope today (1 Peter 3:15) with someone you have not had occasion to before. Use CQOD if it helps. The Gospel is always ready for transmission to another heart. Whatever happens, the Holy Spirit will use it to God's glory. Just spread the blessing further.
    I have set aside this page on the CQOD Blog for the purpose of collecting the remarks and recollections of the subscribers. If you have a recollection that you value in connection with CQOD, or a favorite quotation from the past, simply reply to the article (which is quite easy to do), and record it. Other readers will appreciate this, I am sure.
    May God richly bless you and your family in this new Year of Our Lord and throughout all eternity.
    RMA


CQOD Compilation Copyright 2006, Robert McAnally Adams, Curator
CQOD Home Page:    http://www.cqod.com/
Subscription info: http://www.cqod.com/cqodlist.htm
Comments and problems: email to curator@gospelcom.net

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

your daily emails have blessed me and some have been especially timely. thank you for your service for the Lord.

January 7, 2006 at 11:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I look forward to viewing the movie based on the life of one of those missionaries. Have you read any reviews about it, Bob? It comes out on the 28th of this month, I believe. I've forgotten the name of it, but I'll have to recommend it to my boss, as well. (He's not always up on the latest and greatest, you know. ;) I'll prayerfully consider a donation to GCI and support one of my former hometown ministries. Keep up the good work, Brother Adams!

January 7, 2006 at 11:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read your e-mails early every morning. Sometimes they are my only daily devotion. Many times I experience the peace of the Lord during these early morning quiet times. Thank you so much for the good work you do and I pray that the peace of the Lord will touch others through these teachings.

January 8, 2006 at 5:25 AM  
Blogger Cardinella said...

I have been richly blessed with CQOD for a couple of years now. What's so striking about the daily emails is how often a verse and meditation will be relevant to something I have been struggling with. I have also printed off pages and pages of it in the past to pass on to my elderly father, a long-retired Anglican priest.

I'm from Toronto, ON, Canada.
www.cardinella.blogspot.com

January 8, 2006 at 9:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for today's quote. I almost passed on reading it today. I'm glad I didn't!

January 8, 2006 at 3:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your daily emails have been a real blessing to me. Most of the time I copy the "Quite Reflection Time" at the end of the devotion on a paper in front of my computer to be able to read it all day. Thanks and God Bless.

January 9, 2006 at 3:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am continually amazed at the depth, accuracy, and timeliness of the quotations sent through CQOD. I often forward them to friends and co-laborers in the area of united 24/7 prayer, because they are so encouraging. Taking the liberty of editing a little of Paul's prayer of thanksgiving to God for Philemon, here's my prayer of thanksgiving for you, Bob:

"I always thank my God as I remember you in my prayers, ... because you, brother, have refreshed the hearts of the saints."

January 10, 2006 at 8:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for taking the time to send out these quotes each day. I especially appreciate your changing the format, placing the Bible verse before the quotation itself. As others have said, at times I forward a quote to my friends.

January 10, 2006 at 4:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sacramento, California: I deal with the legislature on a daily basis in my job fighting to protect the God given responsibilities of families. In this battle it is esential that I keep in the forefront of my mind the idea that God is bigger than the enemy. Your emails do a great deal to set that tone for my day and to help me in discouraging times. Thank you for your faithfulness.

March 3, 2006 at 10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home