Wednesday, December 14, 2005

CQOD: 12/16/05 -- Clifford: the vindication of prayer

Christian Quotation of the Day

December 16, 2005
Meditation:
    O righteous Father, the world hath not known thee: but I have known thee, and these have known that thou hast sent me. And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.
    -- John 17:25,26 (KJV)

Quotation:
    I cannot answer all the curious questions of the brain concerning prayer and law, not half of them, indeed, and I will not attempt to; but I will cast my anchor here in this revealing fact, that He, the Holiest of the Holy and the Wisest of the Wise, He prays. Therefore I am assured that this anchorage of Divine example will hold the vessel in the tossings of the wildest sea of doubt, and I shall be as safe as He was, if the vessel itself is engulfed in the waves of suffering and sorrow. His act is an argument. His prayer is an inspiration. His achievements are the everlasting and all-sufficient vindication of prayer.
    ... John Clifford (1836-1923), Social Worship [1899]

Quiet time reflection:
    Lord, implant in me a Spirit that knows how to please You in prayer.


See Believer's Desktop Companion 2004
    http://www.cqod.com/cqoddtcb.html

CQOD Compilation Copyright 2005, Robert McAnally Adams, Curator
CQOD Home Page:    http://www.cqod.com/
Subscription info: http://www.cqod.com/cqodlist.htm
Comments and problems: email to curator@gospelcom.net

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home