Saturday, October 01, 2005

CQOD: 10/05/05 -- Gossip: a gift from Christ

Christian Quotation of the Day

October 5, 2005
Meditation:
    Jesus answered: "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'? Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you are not just my own. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work.
    -- John 14:9-10 (NIV)

Quotation:
    God, as we know Him, is a gift to us from Christ.
    ... A. J. Gossip (1873-1954), From the Edge of the Crowd [1924]

Quiet time reflection:
    Blessed are the eyes of faith that you have granted to me, Lord.


See Believer's Desktop Companion 2004
    http://www.cqod.com/cqoddtcb.html

CQOD Compilation Copyright 2005, Robert McAnally Adams, Curator
CQOD Home Page:    http://www.cqod.com/
Subscription info: http://www.cqod.com/cqodlist.htm
Comments and problems: email to curator@gospelcom.net

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think this is a misleading title. Jesus would not have us gossip, yet the title implies that He does. Gossip is just the name of the author you quote. Gossip is not the gift from Christ. God is the gift from Christ.

August 25, 2007 at 11:23 AM  
Blogger Robert McAnally Adams said...

Ouch!

You are so right. I have been so used to placing the author name before the title that the juxtaposition never occurred to me. I will make it clearer. Thanx.

August 25, 2007 at 6:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christ is the gift from God. All that we are, see and have are is from God. Christ knew this why don't we?

September 21, 2010 at 3:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christ is the gift from God. The son can only give what his Father says is for the giving. Lets put God first, which is what Jesus did.

September 21, 2010 at 3:25 AM  
Blogger Robert McAnally Adams said...

Gossip's point is simply that our understanding of God comes through Christ's revelation of Him

September 21, 2010 at 8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home